Artist of the Month is:
Be notified of site updates, subscribe to the newsletter.
South Florida VA Foundation for Research and Education, Inc.
USA, FL, Miami
South Florida VA Foundation for Research & Education, Inc.
Job DescriptionSouth Florida VA Foundation for Research & Education
3D Artist Position Description:
The 3D Artist is responsible for creating 3D objects and characters to populate virtual world applications and other desktop simulation technologies for health care education at the LEMUR (laboratory of E-learning and Multimedia Research). Based in model recommendations by 2D designers, developers, and medical educators and scientists, the 3D artist will convert design recommendations into 3D objects that can be animated and places into 3D graphics engines. Te 3D artist must have exceptional character modeling, rendering, texture and animating skills and be proficient with software such as Blender, Poser, 3D Studio MAX, or MAYA. The 3D artist also must have 3D animation Adobe Flash and Photoshop. Knowledge of web and development technologies and techniques is a plus.
As an animator, the candidate will be responsible for conceptualizing, and communicating their ideas of how humans and creatures move. Major responsibilities-concept and finalize hand-keyed in-game and cinematic animation for a variety of human characters. Candidate may help establish production processes in accordance with development needs.
• 3+ years in creating charcter animation
• Excellent character developer
• Knowledge with atleast one 3D animation package and high end animation tools required
• Portfolio or demo reel that demonstartes an excellent breadth of hand-keyed animation skills, ranging fromcartoony to real world inspired motion
• Portfolio animation examples should show both dynamic action analysis as well as character performance
Nice to have:
• Certificate degree in animation or equivalent course study completion
• 3D Modeling and Texturing
• 3D Illustration
• 3D Animation
• Game Assets
• 3D MAX modeling, texting, shading, rigging, animation and lighting
The successful candidate will undergo background check including fingerprinting. Salary & Benefits negotiable upon employment. Relocation expenses not authorized.
Interested persons should submit their qualifications to:
Luis Gonzalez, Executive Director
Jorge G. Ruiz, MD, FACP
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Director, Geriatrics Fellowship Program
Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine