Login - Become a member

Export Movies with Maya 6 Unlimited

Forums home -> Maya -> Export Movies with Maya 6 Unlimited

Export Movies with Maya 6 Unlimited 
By Jesse Dark on Apr 02, 2005 09:54 PM
Hi everybody!

I'm trying to learn and use Maya... Well, trying is the right word. I am just a newbie, so the easiest things doesn't seem to work. But I'm sure they will... :wink:
So here's my question:
I want to export my scences/animations I made to an AVI or MPG with all effects, textures and backgrounds! I want to take these shots in a film... How to do it?
I have no idea... I hope you can help me. THANKS

By Tsa96 on Apr 26, 2005 07:11 AM
Setting up a Maya to render to an AVI is really easy and I just hope I can explain it well in words, so here we go:

- Go to window>rendering editors> render globals. This box allows you to set up the render settings for Maya. There are two tabs those being “Common” and “Maya Software”
- Under the “Common” go to the Image Format Pull down menu and select AVI
- Now enter the Star Frame and End Frame of your animation.
- Next go to the “Camera” pull down menu and select the camera from which you want to render from
o (For examples, if your using the Perspective Cam, make sure persp is selected)
- Scroll down to the resolution folder and under the presets pull down menu choose a resolution you want to your movie to be.
- Next, select the Maya Software Tab. This Tab allows you to set up the quality of your render.
- Without going into extreme detail, under the “Quality” pull down menu, select Production Quality.
- Now to render the movie, go to Render mode. Render>Batch Render.
- Sit back and wait for your movie to render.

Hope this helps. Take care.

By ashishmaru67 on Aug 10, 2006 10:29 AM
Hello,

I am Ashish Maru and residing in kolkata and I am been working with maya since a month but when I am been working with lights i dont find the shadows prominent as it shows a hatches. Even I am working with rendering setup even but I am not getting a proper movie output though I am setting with start frame and end frame.

Please help me out to know better. you can mail me at ashishmaru67@rediffmail.com.

Thank you.

By sivakumar.r on Apr 11, 2007 07:03 AM
Hi Ashish,

The best way to get quality output is to render the animation sequence in .tga extension and use any editing software to make .avi.

regards,

Sivan
Re: Export Movies with Maya 6 Unlimited 
By Midoissa on Dec 01, 2008 08:36 PM
Thank you very much .. and god bless you ..
Re: Export Movies with Maya 6 Unlimited 
By Ouisri on Jun 25, 2010 03:32 PM
Hi I just start learning Maya too. Your guide is very useful thank you very much. Can you please suggest me the book that you think easy to understand and followed about Maya.
Thank you in advance....

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us