Login - Become a member

ZBrush Over 3D Max or Maya??

Forums home -> ZBrush -> ZBrush Over 3D Max or Maya??

ZBrush Over 3D Max or Maya?? 
By Kandyman on Aug 10, 2004 01:10 AM
I'm a beginner is the 3D world and with so many 3D programs out there I dunno which one to even start learning with!
I just checked out Z Brushes site and it seems to give nearly if not the same results at 3D Max or Maya. So my question is this:
Being since I'm a beginners beginner, what program do you think would be easier to learn while achieving great results at the same time for a beginner?

By marque_pierre on Dec 25, 2004 06:16 PM
I think you should consider 3ds Max. There are some lovely apps out there: Max, Lightwave, XSI and Maya. Each have loads of advantages, and also a lot of overlap in what they can do. But, with Maya perhaps coming a close second, I don't think you will find more training materials for any of the 3D apps than for Max. And is a nice thing for a beginner's beginner. Go and invest in the 3ds Max Fundamentals book from New Riders and you are off to a flying start.

By Tsa96 on Apr 26, 2005 04:02 PM
I agree with marque on this one. Even though I am a strong Maya user, I first got my feet with 3D Max and learned a lot of the terminology, workflow, and techniques that is universal in all other 3D applications out there. Also, Max just seems to have better wealth of resources on the web when it comes to learning.

As for Zbrush, I think it is an awesome program but is more off an add on tool to another already existing package such as Max, Maya, or XSI. I'd recommend learning Max first then moving onto to Zbrush to learn how to further enhance your models.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us