Login - Become a member

what do people think of westwood college for animation degre

Forums home -> General Discussion -> what do people think of westwood college for animation degre

what do people think of westwood college for animation degre 
By wbuckzbery on Jul 01, 2004 04:03 AM
I have been doing research on schools to go to for animation. could any one give there feedback on these schools. Westwood college, digita media arts college,collins college,uat. im look for a good school please give me your feed back. also looking for people who have graduated from these schools curious where they are now and if they have a reel i could see. any other schools that are good also would be greatly apperiated info on thanks alan.

By David on Sep 14, 2004 12:03 PM
Seems likes no one talks about Westwood. I've been trying for months to find some credible information about this school. The school itself will not give references to current students, past students, or employers who want Westwood students. I'm getting very skeptical about the whole place!

By wbuckzbery on Sep 14, 2004 08:25 PM
i found only one person who gave me any info on this school it was a girl and she said that the school sucked she went there and dropped out and lost of people transfered from there cause it was no good but that is just one opion so im still looking. have you herd anything about any other schools.
i got info from the dave school, dmac, and art institute. have you herd anything about these schools.

By David on Sep 15, 2004 03:07 PM
Not heard about any of these, sorry.

By wbuckzbery on Sep 16, 2004 05:24 AM
have you heard any thing about any school. any info is much appreciated. thanks again alan

By David on Sep 16, 2004 09:00 PM
FullSail is the only other one I've looked at, run don't walk from that one. Do you think you could get the girl you found to post here? I'd like to ask some questions and maybe she knows someone else who is either still there or has left.

By wbuckzbery on Sep 20, 2004 01:43 AM
ill send her e-mail address to you. just send yours to me at wbuckzbery@comcast.net sound good ok well let me know what you think later .

By Max on Sep 22, 2004 04:09 PM
My friend was graduated from the "AI" Art Institute of California. after graduation, he worked in a big production company, i think it was digital domain or something like that, and he worked in the 3D making of X-MEN Movie.

Art Institute is number one in the world, but at the same time, its tooo expensive man! thats why i'm planning to study "3D Animation and visual effects Diploma" in india. there is a very famous 3D academy "MAAC - Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics" and it has more than 25 branches in india. the fees there are so cheap, and they are a member of MAYA ENTERTAINMENT LTD.

you can check thier website http://www.maacindia.com and http://www.mayaent.com go to the first URL then click on EVENTS, you will find this article:

A Seminar on Shading & Lighting Techniques by Mr.Rahul Deshprabhu`:

The 5-day workshop FX-1 culminated in a seminar on Shading & Lighting techniques for visual effects and was presented by Mr.Rahul Deshprabhu, Shading & Lighting Technical Director & Integration Technical Director, Digital Domain. Mr.Deshprabhu has worked on major Hollywood productions as 'The Day after tomorrow' and 'I,Robot'. He also presented an audio/visual presentation on the above and presented Shading & Lighting workflow breakdowns for the same.

so what do you think about this academy? if you decide to go and study there.. please tell me, because i'm so intrested to study there, and if you heard any bad news about this academy, please tell me, so i can rethink of it.

besh wishes

Max

By yhibiki on Oct 21, 2004 08:40 PM
Okay, was searching for information on Westwood and stumbled across this thread. I do realize that the thread is technically dead, but if anybody found any information since then, it'd be very much appreciated.

What I disliked about Westwood is that it wouldn't give me certain information on the website: like the tuition price. And Collins doesn't look like it's accredited. HRM.

By Ozenbaugh on Feb 25, 2005 01:09 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm new on this website but I gotta tell ya, I'm a student at Westwood College Online and they are soooo awesome! The instructors are excellent and they are understanding and so helpful. They will even set up free tutorials for you if you need help. The school is great! If you want any info, let me know!
Talk to you all later!
Brooke

By firstparadigm on Mar 03, 2005 01:42 AM
I start classes at Westwood College Online in 14 days, and when I read what wbuckzbery said about it, my heart sank. I'm pleased with what I've seen so far, and I am very glad to see Ozenbaugh has good things to say about it. I can let you know.

By Ozenbaugh on Mar 08, 2005 09:50 PM
:P [size=18:3006f5e05a][color=violet:3006f5e05a]You will love Westwood! It is a fantastic school and I am almost graduated! I graduate this summer. Good luck in your studies! I start my new classes March 16th also...maybe we will be in a course together. What are you taking? [/color:3006f5e05a][/size:3006f5e05a]

By Ozenbaugh on Mar 08, 2005 09:52 PM
8) [size=18:7c06852a56][color=cyan:7c06852a56]Hey wbuckzbery, what's up?! Still checkin on some more info for you! Later![/color:7c06852a56][/size:7c06852a56]

By firstparadigm on Apr 05, 2005 07:53 PM
:P [size=18:3c09091688][color=violet:3c09091688]You will love Westwood! It is a fantastic school and I am almost graduated! I graduate this summer. Good luck in your studies! I start my new classes March 16th also...maybe we will be in a course together. What are you taking? [/color:3c09091688][/size:3c09091688]

Sorry, haven't checked back here in a while...

I'm taking Visual Communications. I have three classes right now: Intro to Graphic Design, Intro to Business, and Success Strategies. Are you in any of them?

By huskmurfy on Nov 19, 2006 10:47 AM
hey [size=18:f518754be1][color=white:f518754be1]max[/color:f518754be1][/size:f518754be1],

even i am looking forward to the courses by maac india.....came to know abt it from friends already there,well it is really good...

tell me what u want to know specifically....
Re: Dragon ball, that helps memories my childhood 
By office on Oct 25, 2010 05:56 AM

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us