Login - Become a member

The best software to start  (still art).

Forums home -> Modeling -> The best software to start  (still art).

The best software to start  (still art). 
By iGOR on Mar 03, 2001 10:25 AM
I'm a newbie in 3D, but I want to get better every day. My question is simple, but with a complex answer. I'm trying to figure out what is the best software to model, light and render.

I've tried 3d Studio, Rhino 3d v1.1 and Lightwave. I don't know wish one is the best FOR ME. I'm looking to create  graphics for Web design and still art only. This art can be organic and artificial/futuristic. Some people told me that 3d studio is too complex (I found this too) and I don't need to learn all about it. Well, I want to do the best of myself, and I know too that all the softwares that I tried can do the SAME THING but in different ways (interfaces).
Well, can someone tell me wish one is easier/faster to use, but with a good quality at the end of the work?

Thanks to all the comunity and sorry about my BAD english.

iGOR
Re: The best software to start  (still art). 
By ZombieCzar on Mar 03, 2001 01:46 PM
flamebait?
it doesn't matter, still images and webwork is extremly easy. max, maya, lightwave. are probably going to be your best choices.
By utah on Mar 03, 2001 02:15 PM
[color=Green:0cb292e50a][/color:0cb292e50a] once again http://www.blender.nl/   :D
By JasonHendry on Mar 15, 2001 05:34 PM
From what I've heard lightwave seem to do the best renders. Max I simple to learn. I have never used Maya. Mirai I simple and powerfull. Rhino requires another program for good renders.

Yeah so I agree. Max or Lightwave
i'm a new guy looking for help!! 
By valentinley on Mar 21, 2001 02:14 PM
:o  Hi i'm valentin and i'm new. i need help
i want to make real good things, but i don't know
which's the easy way to start, a friend of mine told me that maya is a grat program but when i tried to found it, deam!!  there werw houndred of programs.     ok   my question is which's the easiest to start.   thank a lot for your answears!![email] vainboy@eudoramail.com [/email][
By ZombieCzar on Mar 21, 2001 03:05 PM
easiest? or fastes?
it really depends on what you want to be able to do.
ie, ride a bike ten minutes, drive a rig..
well you get the idea.

medium to high end max and lw will probably be easist, lowend.. well blender, rhino, inspire

if you have used adobe alot, strata 3d, and it's free. go to 3d.com

if you have used microsoft office alot, max would probably be a quicker study.

hmm. can't think of anything else right now.
By meatycheesyboy on Mar 24, 2001 03:50 PM
Igor,

I think the only person that can answer the question for you is you.  You said you've tried Rhino, 3d Studio, and Lightwave, well, which one did you like best.  They can all do the same basic things, the only thing that is vastly different is the workflow.  If you're not sure which you like the best then just use them all for awhile and eventually one will definately come out as being one you like.
By JasonHendry on Mar 25, 2001 03:53 AM
What I found after using Max, Lightwave, Rhino, Nendo and Blender. Is that once you can use one program pretty well anything else is easy to learn. I started on max after a year of that I found Lightwave quite easy to pick up. In the end It doesn't really matter what you start with, the skill you learn will transfer pretty quickly.
Thanks for your replies! 
By iGOR on Mar 27, 2001 02:00 AM
I would like to thanks for your help, and I want to say that I'm thinking A LOT about what some of you said...

Here is what I'm going to do now: I got a great MAX book and this one will help me in develop my MAX techniques. After this, I'll try another package, like Lightwave  and use both softwares until I find my best.

I must say the begining in 3D - just like any other kind of art - is very challenging. And I love this!

Keep the comunity !
iGOR
By rustypixel on Mar 29, 2001 08:22 AM
When I got into 3D I decided to jump onto the Lightwave bandwagon.  It, like all serious 3D software, has a steep learning curve.  None the less, I still think that 3D Studio Max is a bit tougher to learn than Lightwave.  While both are capable of doing whatever you ask of them, Lightwave is and will be my choice for 3D animation/still software.

Just my two cents.

John G.
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 05:16 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us