Login - Become a member

Any hope for Lightwave users?

Forums home -> Lightwave 3D -> Any hope for Lightwave users?

Any hope for Lightwave users? 
By grafikdon on Mar 08, 2002 04:42 AM
:(  Yo. I've been wondering why there is hardly any job post ( freelance,fulltime and freebie)on Lightwave. Does this mean that there is no hope for the Lightwave users? I have been learning the demo software of Lightwave and have plans for purchase but due to this problem,I am having a second thought. This is disturbing because everywhere I go it is 3D studio that is required, so what the heck happened to Lightwave, can somebody give me some hint before I spend some crap load of $$$$ on a software that won't take me nowhere ?

Re: Any hope for Lightwave users? 
By Anthony on Mar 16, 2002 12:16 PM
Posting this all over eh? If you have a good reel, you'll be able to find work. Lightwave is used in many many places, behind the scenes, but you need to be open to learning new software wherever you end up working.
By raffael3d on Jun 03, 2002 03:55 AM
yea, but  he is right that there are far less job openings for lw users than users from other packages.
By grafikdon on Jun 03, 2002 04:25 AM
:-[ Wait a second! What just happened here? I posted this months ago and have never done any posting till date. How  did that end up here? How could this possibly be here when I haven't done any posting ? Is there a kind of terrible mistake or is someone fking around with stuff?
By Scooby on Aug 02, 2002 05:38 PM
There are plenty of jobs out there that use Lightwave in the field. You have it used in feature films like Black Hawk Down, Jimmy Neutron, Blade 2, Heart's War, Kung Pow, Scooby Doo. Ect. Check out the list at

http://www.lightwave3d.com/product/projects_list.html

also check out the D.A.V.E. School at
Digital Animation and Visual Effects
www.daveschool.com

It is  a 3d School in Orlando, FL on the back lot of Universal Studios. That teaches Light wave as well as compositing and visual effects
(Tell em Scooby Sent ya)
By Donnie on Aug 03, 2002 12:34 PM
Were hiring.  We have in total 22 posts free.  Animators - Compositors and Effects.

Also would you believe it were Lighwave based as well.  

Heres a link to our site with details of the positions..its also got a not too shabby gallery.

http://www.absolutestudios.com/cgi_rec/default.htm

Scoobys right... Lightwave does get around.

Donnie

By themaxx on Dec 07, 2002 02:00 PM
:-[ Wait a second! What just happened here? I posted this months ago and have never done any posting till date. How  did that end up here? How could this possibly be here when I haven't done any posting ? Is there a kind of terrible mistake or is someone fking around with stuff?

When someone posts a reply the thread gets bumped up to the top of the list.
By foop on Oct 02, 2003 02:32 AM
If it is freelance work get a convertor like 3D Exploration. Then you can replie to job posts regardless of the format they require. Let them know you use lightwave but can convert. 99% of the time they dont care how you make it the just want it ;) This has gotten me a ton of jobs. But as was stated above be open to learning new software. If you want to work in features it seems the Maya and Softimage are the way to go. I recently started trying to learn these after using Lightwave for 7 years.
By VolFF on Dec 13, 2003 04:05 AM
What are you speeking about  ?  :o
In russia (for example) u can get
ALL KINDS OF SOFTWARE  for some $$$
(100 руб = 4 $) ...

I cant believ  that  u havent PIRATES   ;)
By VolFF on Dec 13, 2003 04:10 AM
By the way ... I am learning Dan Ablan's Book
Its very clever book !  :)
Averybody who wants to learn can buy this BOOK !

too many BOOK ... but i love  IT !    ;)
By tonyg on Mar 29, 2004 12:26 PM
http://www.flay.com/jobs.cfm

By Cryptor69 on Jun 16, 2004 05:41 AM
I'am new to this but I have found tons of jobs for Lightwave artists. From what I see so far they are better paid then 3ds jobs as well ( but not as numerous ).
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 05:04 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us