Login - Become a member

Keep Garcia's 'One Hundred' pieces in your closet

Forums home -> Resumes -> Keep Garcia's 'One Hundred' pieces in your closet

Keep Garcia's 'One Hundred' pieces in your closet 
By wanghuan on Jun 03, 2013 03:00 AM
Project Runway judge Michael Kors, michael kors outlet host/judge Heidi Klum, judge Nina Garcia and the contestants' mentor, Tim Gunn."> Clothesminded: Project Runway judge Michael Kors, host/judge Heidi Klum, judge Nina Garcia and the contestants' mentor, Tim Gunn.

'PROJECT RUNWAY' IS 'QUITE PERFECT'Nina Garcia is rooting for strong personalities such as Korto Momolu and Kenley Collins during Project Runway's last season on Bravo. Garcia praises Korto for "thinking outside the 'Size 2 world,' " while Kenley has proven herself "very inventive." But will either designer make it through to the end? Garcia offers no clues. "I don't know!" she says with a laugh.

When the New Yorkbased show moves to Lifetime and Los Angeles next season, what should viewers expect? "The show is quite perfect," Garcia says, and as long as it "remains the same, it will be fantastic."

The move from Bravo to Lifetime made headlines when it was announced in April, but Garcia says change could be a good thing. "It's been very bittersweet because Bravo has been great. So having it be the last show there is sad, but at the same time, things change and a move to Lifetime seems very exciting."

Like mentor Tim Gunn and judge Michael Kors, Garcia makes her home in New York, so she's confident the move to Hollywood won't be permanent. "I do feel that New York is the capital of fashion. might add is a little more of that celebrity angle."

By Arienne Thompson

By Arienne Thompson, USA TODAY

Project Runway judge Nina Garcia rarely minces words on the hit reality fashion competition, so it's no surprise that her new book, The One Hundred, offers explicit details on creating the perfect wardrobe.

The book "is meant to be like a style map of the basics that a lot of us already have in the closet," michael kors diaper bag Garcia says. It's a companion michael kors bags to 2007's The Little Black Book of Style, in which she focuses on "being inspired and building on your selfesteem and confidence."

As the title suggests, The One Hundred, which hits stores Tuesday (Collins Living, $21.95), lays out Garcia's 100 style musthaves, from aviator sunglasses to crisp white shirts to opaque tights and even zippered hoodies. Each section features fashion history lessons, words of wisdom from top designers and the whimsical drawings of Cubanborn artist Ruben Toledo.

Toledo also illustrated Little Black Book, and Garcia says his artwork lends her style guides a timeless quality.

"Illustrations really have a way of transcending time, and I wanted this book to be there for a long time, for women to give, for women to pass along. So I didn't want photographs that could look dated."

Maintaining classic style is a benchmark of Garcia's fashion philosophy. She insists that her 100 staples "won't really go out of style. You might put them away for a season or two, but they will ultimately be back."

Above all, Garcia says, women should use One Hundred to play around with their own personal styles.

"I think we're all fashion chameleons," she says. "We all wake in the morning and sometimes we feel like we want to be more classic, or we feel we want to be more edgy. The book addresses all of those different moods."

Garcia, a former Elle staffer, will become a career chameleon in the next few months as she imparts her fashion expertise on the next season of Runway in Los Angeles and as michael kors handbags the new fashion director at Marie Claire in New York. She doesn't seem michael kors canada outlet daunted by the prospect of living on two coasts: "I think it will be a nice change of pace."

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us