Login - Become a member

TaylorMade MC Irons have a clean shape designed

Forums home -> Truespace -> TaylorMade MC Irons have a clean shape designed

TaylorMade MC Irons have a clean shape designed  
By golfonlineau on Apr 07, 2013 02:14 AM
I was privileged to try all three of the new Tour Preferred irons. I spent good hours hitting all three clubs, MB, MC and CB. I was looking to get a blended set of the new taylormade TP MB, MC and/or CB irons. However, after hitting the clubs extensively, I decided to go 4 - PW on MB and use a TaylorMade R11 rescue hybrid for my 3 iron.

The TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons were very nice, forgiving and they had good trajectory, but they were a bit clunky to me and reminded me of training wheel days with limited feel. The TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Irons were very nice also, but the feedback on good shots was not always there. However, I was addicted to the feel and sensation of the MB's. It felt better than the Nike VR Pros and better than the Mizuno MP-63 Irons. I don't know what TaylorMade did or the impacts of the weight port, but center hits on these clubs were simply unbelievable and very addictive. One good shot commanded another good shot.

I was stunned at the repeated trajectory, superb control, sensational feel and feedback these clubs provide. The difference in forgiveness between the TaylorMade MC Irons and MB was minor, but the difference in feel between the two was major. Solid hits from the MB soared at targets with ease. The payoff for good hits with these MB's overshadows the limits of forgiveness MB's typically provide.

I was also surprised that the trajectory of the TaylorMade MB Irons was higher. I was able to shape shots left, right high and knockdown with ease. The CB and MC did not provide the same high level of shot control as the MB. Taking advantage of Taylormade Customization features, the various Tour Velvet grips sizes, the +2 to -2 degree loft adjustments, and +4 to -2 lie adjustments are very helpful.

As far as looks are concerned, theses irons are beautiful. Many will flock to the CB and MC for added forgiveness, but if you have fair ball striking skills and can appreciate the reward for true feel and shot shaping ability, put these clubs in your bag. The TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Irons are designed with a clean, classic shape that offers the optimum blend of feel, workability, and forgiveness. They have a slightly smaller head and less offset than the TaylorMade CB Irons. And like the TP CB irons, the weight screw has been placed in a carbon composite badge to dampen the impact sound and enhance feel.

The Taylormade Tour Preferred MB Irons feature a thin topline, thin sole, straight leading edge, minimal offset and tapered hosel work in conjunction to promote the kind of pure face-to-ball connection sought after by skilled players and also incorporate an advanced, USGA-conforming groove design to promote more spin and control from the rough.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us