Login - Become a member

South Korea's Lee takes lead at Mizuno MP-64 irons

Forums home -> Resumes -> South Korea's Lee takes lead at Mizuno MP-64 irons

South Korea's Lee takes lead at Mizuno MP-64 irons 
By DanielBush on Feb 22, 2013 01:44 AM
Mizuno bills these muscular, forged carbon steel irons as its best-feeling player’s cavity. Using Harmonic Impact Technology (HIT) and Modal Analysis software, Mizuno engineers reinforce specific areas of the head to control impact vibration.

South Korea's Lee Bo-mee shot an 8-under 64 on Saturday to take a four-stroke lead after two rounds of the Mizuno MP-64 Irons. "My drives were good today, I was able to keep them on the fairway which was tough with this wind," Lee said. "If I can keep driving and putting like this I feel good about my chances tomorrow."

The Mizuno MP-64 irons are targeted at low-handicap golfers with its "player's cavity" design. That means that while these are player's clubs, the forged clubheads do have cavities for increased playability.

The R&D team, in effect, can dial in a precise sound and feel. A “Diamond Muscle” pad behind the hitting area combines with progressive cavity depths—short irons have a minimal cavity; long irons have a deeper cavity—to ensure a penetrating flight with short irons and a higher trajectory with long irons. The club’s overall weighting should also help it to launch higher shots that check up quicker than the muscleback blade cheap Mizuno MP-69 Irons.

The size of the cavity decreases through the set - a "flow cavity" design - with a deeper cavity in the long irons to provide more forgiveness. In the mid- and short irons, the cavity is shallower to put more focus on control and workability.

Mizuno touts the feel of the best price golf clubs--MP-64 irons, citing the company's "Harmonic Impact Technology" to control vibration at impact. The irons come in a double-nickel chrome finish that includes a 3D forged Mizuno Runbird logo.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us