Login - Become a member

Kitchen remodeling

Forums home -> Modeling -> Kitchen remodeling

Kitchen remodeling 
By telma1845 on Dec 19, 2012 10:26 AM
Hello
Hi All,

New member here! Just wanted to see if I could get some help, inspiration, ideas, encouragement to start cheaply but nicely making some updates to our apartment kitchen.

Its incredibly small, has storage space, but is just put together weird. Not to mention its ugly... Luckily we've gotten the "ok" to restain the cabinets which I am excited for yet dreading the scraping and sanding process.

Anyway... I need some help with coming up with an affordable backsplash idea for the sink area and the stove. It CANNOT be permanent as its a rental and I dont have permission to tile. However, I've devised a plan of putting tiles on a wood backing measured to the size I want and mounting it like a picture. That way its removable.

So to get to the point of my post, here are some questions I have or places I need help with.

1. The counters are covered in faux pink granite with shades of smokey gray and a lighter gray. Thankfully I dont mind these colors but I am trying to figure out if they will "mesh" well with dark wood stain. We picked up Varathain stain & poly in the Kona color. Its a nice shade up from black and I am hoping it will give a nice dark chocolate feel.

2. With dark cabinets, pink & gray counters, what the heck paint color should I use for the rest of the kitchen?

3. Backsplash... I am wanting to make my own and mount it and I am not sure what colors to find. Pink tiles that actually look nice are apparently hard to find. There are a lot of blues and greens but not a lot of chocolate and pink or smoke and pink. What colors should I pick and focus on to make this space look cohesive?

4. What are some other tricks to help give this poor dated kitchen a more modern feel? We plan on putting on new hardware once the restaining is done. So it will be silver colored rather than bass/gold (yuck!), but other than that and a pretty tiled backsplash, what else can help?
Home Renovation
Re: Kitchen remodeling 
By Cleeno on Sep 17, 2013 06:10 AM
This is the modern age and every one wants to get beautiful and attractive house with beautiful kitchen and bathrooms.Some person wants to renovate old house kitchens according to latest trend..I visited your site which contain many beautiful kitchen designs...

Stone Restoration Gold Coast
Re: Kitchen remodeling 
By mkmalls46 on Sep 18, 2013 03:26 PM

input this URL:

( http://www.mkmalls.com/ )

you can find many cheap and high stuff

Believe you will love it.

WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT
YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

http://www.mkmalls.com/Michael-Kors-Handbags-n2447/

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS