Login - Become a member

Mizuno MP-58 Irons Review

Forums home -> Cinema 4D -> Mizuno MP-58 Irons Review

By yiyad123 on Oct 06, 2012 07:30 AM
The Mizuno MP-58 Irons come with a great appearance. Over the past few years we've seen anything from gel-like inserts to flashy badges when it comes to irons. Mizuno didn't have that in mind when designing the Mizuno MP-58 Irons. The smaller head shape, clean cavity, flowing lines and high polished finish will instantly make them a classic. The 360 grind on the top line and sole are obviously there for performance reason, but damn does it look good. Everything just flows with these irons and believe it or not, the grind actually makes the sole look thinner than what it truly is. Another thing to point out in regards to the look of the MP-58's would be the CNC milled Pocket Cavity on the 3-7 irons. I was pleasantly surprised NOT to see this when addressing the ball...a HUGE plus in my book. The transistion from Pocket Cavity to Cavity Back is seamless too.
I was honestly a little hesitant to put the MP-58's in the bag when they arrived because I was striking the ball well all year with my existing set (Mizuno MX-300) and didn't want to get used to something new. Well, that thought lasted a lengthly 2min. and the new irons were on their way to the course. With very limited warm up time and sub 60 Northern Michigan fall weather, I had one of the best ball striking days I could have asked for...and it all started with a crisp 8-iron from the middle of the fairway to a back left pin position stuck to 5ft. (I missed the putt, but that's for another day). Tight lies or thick wet rough were no match for the MP-58's. The 360 grind made every type of lie effortless and the Pocket Cavity in the long irons made me forget I was playing a 'Game Enhancement' set. Mizuno couldn't have said it any better when describing the MP-58's as 'delivering maximum playability while remaining extremely versatile.
Feel (to me) is one of the key factors when deciding on new clubs and we all know that Mizuno and feel go hand in hand. With that said, the new MP-58's are exactly what I'd expect from Mizuno...pure butter. The unique thing about the MP-58's is the Diamond Muscle which gives the irons an incredibly solid feel...suprisingly even on shots that weren't hit flush every single time.
Another key aspect that really caught my attention with these http://www.supergolfarea.com was the sound they made when stuck solidly. In my opinion there's nothing more confident than hearing a well struck shot and then seeing it land near your intended target.
The Mizuno MP-58 irons will suit those who like classic Mizuno heads but need added forgiveness and/or anyone looking for a balance of forgiveness and workability.
By jin1234i on Dec 22, 2012 09:59 AM
Mizuno irons have long adorned the bags of many good players around the world .

insemination

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us